Hungry Earth (Spell)
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A tiny clay figure of an open, fanged, mouth, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), in a 20 foot radius(9x9 squares) spread.
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You make horrid gnashing sounds as you gesture violently toward the area of effect, to which you must have line of sight and line of effect.
- As the spell completes, all solid surfaces transform into dozens or hundreds of razor-fanged toothy maws, and bite savagely at all creatures wholly or partially within the area of effect, and adjacent to a surface. Creatures that are not adjacent to a surface face no ill effects, aside from the horror of witnessing the savage attacks.
- All affected creatures suffer (Circle 5 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 15d6+15 at character level 15) of slashing (physical, common) damage as the jaws chew at them. They may make a saving throw as described above for half damage, with the caveat that the save is penalized by -2 for every surface greater than one they are adjacent to. Thus, creatures in the center of a room are only adjacent to the floor, and take no penalty. Creatures next to a wall or pillar are adjacent to two surfaces, the floor and the wall, and suffer a -2 penalty. Creatures directly in a corner are adjacent to three surfaces, and suffer a -4 penalty. If you cast the spell in a very low-ceilinged space, all creatures might be adjacent to the floor and the ceiling, etc. The GM adjudicates all unusual cases, and assigns penalties as appropriate, if any.