- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Enchantment
- Subdomain: captivation 1
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: two target creatures, plus one per 10 character levels (drop fractions; max 5 at level 30), no two of which may be more than 30 ft. apart
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Your gestures and droning incantation creates a hypnotic effect on nearby creatures you choose, causing them to check and continually re-start their actions. Only creatures that can see or hear you (line of sight or line of effect, but not both) are affected. Victims do not need to understand you to be affected.
- Creatures affected suffer (Circle 1 damage): 1d4 points of damage per character level (max 5d4 at character level 5) of psychic (energy, uncommon) damage and are Distracted, as the hypnotic magic pulls at their mind in a most harmful manner. A saving throw as laid out above reduces the damage by half, although the distracted condition remains.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.