Icy Prison, Mass (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Evocation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A magically stabilized icicle, worth 1,000 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 15 caster levels (drop fractions; max 3 at level 30), no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart.
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You cry out crisp, brittle words that echo terribly, bringing forth the power of Winter. The fell wintry magics of this spell allow you to choose one target creature, plus one per 15 caster levels (drop fractions; max 3 at level 30), who must be within the close range of the spell and all within 30 feet of each other. This spell only requires line of sight to work as long as you and the targets share a common surface (all of you standing on the ground and looking through a window, for example).
- Upon completion of the cold, hard words of this spell, you cause sharp icicles to erupt from the nearest surface adjacent to the target creatures. (Usually the ground.) If the creature is not adjacent to a solid or liquid surface, the spell fails.
- The erupting spears of thick ice trap the target in a powerful grip. If the creature fails its save, it is immobilized in its current space, and takes (Circle 9 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 25d6+75 at character level 25) points of cold (energy, common) damage.
- If the target makes its save, it gains the slowed condition and only suffers half the damage.