Icy Prison (Spell)
- Level: Druid 5, Sorcerer/Wizard 5
- School: Evocation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A magically preserved icicle, worth 29 gp or more.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: one target creature
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You utter crisp, brittle words in a cold, authoritative tone of voice, bringing forth the power of Winter. Upon completion of the cold, hard words of this spell, you cause sharp icicles to erupt from the nearest surface adjacent to the target creature. (Usually the ground.) If the creature is not adjacent to a solid or liquid surface, the spell fails.
- The erupting spears of thick ice trap the target in a powerful grip. If the creature fails its save, it is immobilized in its current space, and takes (Circle 5 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 15d6+15 at character level 15) points of cold (energy, common) damage.
- If the target makes its save, it gains the slowed condition and only suffers half the damage.