Illusion of Calm (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Illusion (figment)
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Will negates
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You murmur calming sounds, monotonous and soporific. You create an illusory double of your head, arms, and torso that overlaps your real self. This effect stands quietly in the same space as you. That double makes it look like you are standing quietly harmless, even when you are not.
- While under the effects of this spell, out of combat, you may make Skill checks for small, discreet physical actions such as picking a lock or a pocket, stealing papers from a desk, or making Escape Artist rolls to slip out of bonds, with a +1 bonus to the roll. The GM adjudicates any unusual uses of this spell.
- While under the effects of this spell, during combat, you do not provoke attacks of opportunity when you cast a spell, make a ranged attack with a thrown weapon, or move out of your first square during a move action. This spell does not hide ranged attacks made with any type of projectile weapon, or any sort of melee attacks.
- When a creature hits you with an attack of any type, it gains a saving throw to disbelieve the (figment). On a successful saving throw as described above, it successfully disbelieves and the spell's effect ends for that creature.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.