Impulsive Burst, Mass (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 8
- School: Conjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A dropped rock, carved with a rune, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), in an area defined below
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: No
- You grumble the heavy, guttural intonations of this spell, eerie power weighting your utterances. A rock you hold glows blue, then dissolves into the essence of Force. At the culmination of your working, a bolt of eldritch blue power surges to a target space you choose, and with a heavy thud, detonates.
- This spell works much like Impulsive Burst (Spell), with the changes noted here. Choose a target square within range, to which you have line of sight and line of effect. This square must be open, unblocked and unoccupied. If you attempt to target a square which contains a creature or object, the spell fails. The emanation bursts in that square. All creatures and size Large or smaller unattended objects within ten feet of the target square (a 5 x 5 square space) suffers (Circle 4 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 12d6+12 at character level 12) of force (energy, uncommon) damage, and are subject to a Push of up to two squares, moving away from the origin square. There must be a valid line of effect from the origin square and all targets, but such is not required from the caster to the targets, meaning it is possible to 'shoot around corners' with this effect.
- At level 20, this spell affects all squares within 15 feet of the target square (a 7 x 7 square space), and at level 30, all squares within 20 feet (a 9 x 9 square space). In addition, at level 20, the base amount of Push increases to 4 squares.
- All affected targets are allowed a saving throw as defined above to reduce the damage and the amount of Push by half. This spell can only affect a creature or object once per casting.