Impulsive Burst (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 6
- School: Conjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A dropped rock, carved with a rune, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), in an area defined below
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: No
- You grumble the heavy, guttural intonations of this spell, eerie power weighting your utterances. A rock you hold glows blue, then dissolves into the essence of Force. At the culmination of your working, a bolt of eldritch blue power surges to a target space you choose, and with a heavy thud, detonates.
- Choose a target square within range, to which you have line of sight and line of effect. This square must be open, unblocked and unoccupied. If you attempt to target a square which contains a creature or object, the spell fails. The emanation bursts in that square. Now, choose up to three squares adjacent to that space. Creatures and size Medium or smaller unattended objects in each of those spaces suffers (Circle 2 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 6d6 at character level 6) of force (energy, uncommon) damage, and are subject to a Push of up to two squares, moving away from the origin square. At level 15, you may choose a fourth square to affect, and at level 30, a fifth. In addition, at level 20, the base amount of Push increases to 4 squares.
- All affected targets are allowed a saving throw as defined above to reduce the damage and the amount of Push by half. This spell can only affect a creature or object once per casting, even if it occupies more than one affected square, but when used against larger creatures the Push increases by one square for every affected square above one which is targeted at the creature (maximum of +2 squares of Push).