Instant Necrosis (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 8
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A spoiled piece of fruit dosed with poison, worth 193 gp or more.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Upon growling out the vile, drippingly rotten phrases of this spell, your target within range is smitten with an equally vile rotting affliction, whether they want it or not.
- The caster chooses a creature to which they have line of sight and line of effect within Close range (25 feet plus five feet per two caster levels). That creature is struck by the most vile of afflictions upon the culmination of this terrible spell, as the caster draws upon the darkest realms for their edification.
- The affected creature suffers (Circle 5 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 15d6+15 at character level 15) of necrotic (energy, uncommon) damage as the very structure of their existence is destroyed, corrupted, and terribly warped. Far worse, the target is given the Maimed status, as huge portions of their structure is warped, withered, and ground away. Affected creatures are allowed to make a Fortitude saving throw as described above to lower the damage inflicted by half and reduce the Maimed status to merely Crippled.