Insulting Hand of the Magus (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 4
- School: Evocation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A soft leather glove, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: See Below
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Upon completing the erudite utterances of this working, you create a spectral grey hand, faintly translucent and gently glowing, which manifests in your space. This hand may be of size Fine (6"), Diminutive (12"), or even Tiny (30"), meaning a hand from normal human size up to two and a half feet in length. This hand cannot be targeted by any attack except Dispel Magic (Spell), Mage's Disjunction (Spell), and the like. If ordered to enter an Antimagic Field, or ordered to move beyond the range of the spell, the effect immediately ends.
- When cast, this spell may be used in all respects as Hand of the Magus (Spell), except that it may handle objects up to a weight equal to your medium load. You can expend move actions to order the hand to move to a new space within the range of the spell, at a speed of up to 50 feet per move action. The hand may only move through unblocked, unoccupied spaces.
- This spell is not able to perform actions with dexterity or finesse, and thus it may not be used to make skill checks or combat maneuvers or affect creatures in any significant way, save the following:
- As a move action, the caster may command the Hand to perform an insulting gesture, the details of which are left to the discretion of the referee, which triggers the spectral energies of the Hand. As a result of this insult, up to one enemy creature you choose, plus one more per ten caster levels of the caster, drop fractions, maximum four, who can see the Hand, are intensely insulted and incensed. Performing this gesture discharges the magic empowering the Hand, dispelling it. Anything the Hand was carrying drops unattended in its former space.
- Affected creatures are allowed a WILL save against the DC calculated above. If they fail this save, they suffer (Circle 4 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 12d6+12 at character level 12) as negative (energy, uncommon). In addition, affected creatures are Vexed. If they make the save, they take half damage and are not Vexed.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.