Kobold Draconian (CR 4)
Lawful Evil - Small - Humanoid (Kobold)
- Kobolds revere dragons and tend to dwell in and around places where dragons are known to lair. They skulk in the darkness, hiding from stronger foes and swarming to overwhelm weaker ones. Kobolds are cowardly and usually flee once bloodied unless a strong leader is present. Kobolds like to set traps and ambushes. If they can't get their enemies to walk into a trap, they try to sneak up as close as they can and then attack in a sudden rush.
- Kobold Draconians are kobolds who have been granted divine powers by their draconic patron. This patron is nearly always the dragon who rules the local region the kobolds inhabit. Kobold Draconians provide leadership to other kobolds, as well as teaching their community how to more closely serve their dragon masters. Of course, not all kobolds appreciate this guidance, and many view the Kobold Draconians as zealots and madmen -- sort of the sandal-wearing, heavily bearded, "end is nigh" types of the kobold community. Not that kobolds can grow beards.
- Physically, Kobold Draconians look no different than other kobolds, except for how they dress. They favor robes and staves, rather than armor and weapons. They tend to be smarter than their brethren, but weaker, and lack some of the clever tricks the warriors of their community use in combat.
- Init: +7
- Ambush Chance: 10+ on d20 (req's 1 minute prep)
- Movement Types:
- Walk 30 ft.
- AC: 19
- Maneuver Defense (MD): 18
- Hit Points: 56 (Bloodied Value: 28) Hit Dice: 6
- Fort: -1 Refl: -1 Will: +4
- Special Defenses:
- ER 6/fire (energy, common)
- Strong Against:
- Weak Against:
- Space / Reach: 5 ft. / 5 ft.
- Standard Attack:
- 1x Arcane Staff +5 (1d6/19-20 x2) as bludgeoning (physical, common)
- Full Attack:
- 3x Arcane Staff +5 (1d6/19-20 x2) as bludgeoning (physical, common)
- Standard Ranged:
- Maneuver Offense: +6
- Siege Damage: Not siege capable
- Str: 9 Dex: 12 Con: 14 Int: 19 Wis: 12 Cha: 21
- Languages: Draconic, Common
- Once per round, the kobold may make a 5-foot step as a swift action. This may be done regardless of any movement or 5-foot steps the kobold may have taken during their move action. This movement does not provoke.
Breath Weapon (Su)
- Once per round as a standard action, the kobold draconian may make a breath weapon attack against nearby enemies. The breath weapon deals 1d8+4 points of fire (energy, common) damage to all creatures in a 20-foot cone. Any creature struck by the breath weapon may make a Reflex save (DC 16) to reduce the damage by half (round down).
Draconic Blessing (Sp)
- Concentration: 1d20 + 11 vs. a DC of 19 (8 needed on the die)
- Once per encounter as a standard action, the Kobold Draconian may bestow a blessing on all allied kobolds within 50 feet, including himself. The blessing increases the distance of the Shifty ability to 10 feet instead of 5 feet for all affected kobolds. This blessing ends immediately upon the death of the Draconian, or at the end of the encounter, whichever is first.
- Kobold Draconians are typically found in a pack of Kobold Warriors, rather than groups of other Draconians. Indeed, groups of Draconians are highly contentious, as each seeks to prove his devotion to their dragon master is the greater, frequently resulting in one Draconian killing the others. They are kobolds, after all, so rarely do they confront each other in what anyone might call a "fair fight".
- In combat, Draconians will lead off by casting Draconic Blessing, moving out of combat to cast it if necessary. They will then maneuver to optimize their breath weapon's effects against the enemies. They will use shifty to ensure foes have a difficult time making full attacks against them.
- Kobold Draconians will flee a hopeless combat if they feel they can do so without someone else to witness their cowardice. If there are witnesses, or if they believe their dragon master might be threatened by the enemy they face, they will always fight to the death.
Out of Combat
- XP: 1,200
- Treasure: Sellable Goods worth 1,188 gp.
- Weight: 40 lbs. Volume: 1.6 cu. ft.
- Optional Treasure Rules: Roll on the following table once per encounter (NOT per creature). Any items discovered are in addition to the normal treasure for the encounter.
Table 1: Roll a d20: Result Remnant Found (If Any) 1 - 10 Nothing Found 11 - 14 1 Languid Remnant (tier 1) 15 - 17 1 Pale Remnant (tier 2) 18 - 19 1 Bright Remnant (tier 3) 20 Roll on Table 2 Table 2: Roll a d20: Result Remnant(s) Found 1 - 5 3 Languid Remnants (tier 1) 6 - 10 3 Pale Remnants (tier 2) 11 - 14 1 Intense Remnant (tier 4) 15 - 17 1 Blazing Remnant (tier 5) 18 - 19 1 Vital Remnant (tier 6) 20 Roll on Table 3 Table 3: Roll a d20: Result Remnant(s) Found 1 - 5 3 Bright Remnants (tier 3) 6 - 8 3 Intense Remnants (tier 4) 9 - 11 3 Blazing Remnants (tier 5) 12 - 14 3 Vital Remnants (tier 6) 15 - 17 1 Prime Remnant (tier 7) 18 - 19 1 Mythic Remnant (tier 8) 20 1 Empyrean Remnant (tier 9)