- Level: Alchemist 2, Sorcerer/Wizard 2
- School: Transmutation
- Domain: void 2
- Elemental School: air 2
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, F (a leather loop or golden wire bent into a cup shape)
- Range: personal or close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
- Target or Area: you or one willing creature or one object (total weight up to 100 lbs./lvl)
- Duration: 1 min/lvl (D)
- Saving Throw: none
- Spell Resistance: No
- Levitate allows you to move yourself, another creature, or an object up and down as you wish. A creature must be willing to be Levitated, and an object must be unattended or possessed by a willing creature. You can mentally direct the recipient to move up or down as much as 20 feet each round; doing so is a move action. You cannot move the recipient horizontally, but the recipient could clamber along the face of a cliff, for example, or push against a ceiling to move laterally (generally at half its base land speed).
- A Levitating creature that attacks with a melee or ranged weapon finds itself increasingly unstable; the first attack has a -1 penalty on attack rolls, the second -2, and so on, to a maximum penalty of -5. A full round spent stabilizing allows the creature to begin again at -1.