- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 2
- School: Transmutation
- Domain: void 2
- Elemental School: air 2
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A leather loop or golden wire bent into a cup shape, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 20 character levels (drop fractions; max 2 at level 20), yourself or creatures you choose within range
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Levitate allows you to grant a weak form of Hover to yourself or creatures you choose within range, to whom you have line of sight and line of effect. Such creatures gain a Hover speed equal their normal Walk speed.
- However, a Levitating creature that attacks with a melee or ranged weapon finds itself increasingly unstable; the first attack has a -1 penalty on attack rolls, the second -2, and so on, to a maximum penalty of -5. A full round spent stabilizing allows the creature to begin again at -1.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.