Life Pact (Spell)
- Level: Alchemist 2, Cleric 2, Paladin 1, Ranger 1, Sorcerer/Wizard 2
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A drop of blood from each target)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 10 caster levels (drop fractions; max 4 at level 30), willing living creatures, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart when the spell triggers
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You drone eerie stanzas over a dollop of blood, mingling lives with your words. You bind the life forces of the targets into a mystical pact.
- If any target is reduced to fewer than 0 hit points, that target automatically triggers the power of the pact. The triggering target drains 1 hit point per Spell Level from all other targets that have at least 1 hit point per Spell Level and are within 30 feet of the triggering target; these hit points are applied to the triggering target as magical healing.
- This healing can prevent the triggering creature from dying, if the attack would cause the target to have a number of negative hit points equal to its character level plus its Constitution score (not modifier). This healing cannot raise the triggering creature above half health (its Bloodied value). Any excess hit points drained from other targets are wasted.
- The pact can be triggered once, and then the magic is dispelled. It is not triggered by effects that do not deal hit point damage.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.