Lightning Arc (Spell)
- School: Evocation
- Elemental School: metal 5
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (Fur and amber, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), including creature adjacent to your space and others (see below)
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You call upon the Green for the power to illuminate your foes. The Green sends you a crackling charge in your fingers.
- Make a melee touch attack against a target you are adjacent to. This may be done as part of the action of casting this spell. As you cast this spell, you must choose a second target who is within fifteen feet of the first target (3 squares). The distance to the second target can increase by five feet per five caster levels, ie, 20 feet (4 squares) at level 6, 25 feet (5 squares) at level 11, 30 feet (6 squares) at level 16, 35 feet (7 squares) at level 21, 40 feet (8 squares) at level 26, and 45 feet (9 squares) at level 31.
- If you succeed on your melee touch attack, you generate an arc of lightning between the two chosen targets. The lightning deals (Circle 1 damage): 1d4 points of damage per character level (max 5d4 at character level 5) of lightning (energy, common) damage to both targets.
- In addition, you may choose a number of squares between the two targets equal to the distance between them, plus one square. Namely, choose 4 squares up to level 5, 5 squares up to level 10, 6 squares up to level 15, 7 squares up to level 20, 8 squares up to level 25, 9 squares up to level thirty, and 10 squares at level 31 and above. All of these squares must be adjacent to one another, and each square chosen must be closer to the distant target than the previous square. If there are any creatures in those squares, they also take full damage.
- There is no saving throw against this damage, but if the initial melee touch attack fails, the spell is lost. Note that this spell frequently requires casting in melee range. The spell fails if there is no line of effect between the targets.