Lightning Bolt (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 3
- School: Evocation
- Subdomain: lightning 3
- Elemental School: air 3, metal 3
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A bit of fur and a glass rod, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: Line of effect, 50 feet long plus 5 feet per two caster levels, drop fractions.
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You release a powerful stroke of electrical energy that deals (Circle 3 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 10d6 at character level 10) of electricity (energy, common) to each creature wholly or partially within its area. The bolt begins at your fingertips. Choose a space adjacent to your space, and count out the entire length of the Lightning Bolt calculated above. Each space must be adjacent to the previous space (an edge or a corner) and also further away from your space. Care should be taken with how you lay out the line, to maximize the spells effects.
- The Lightning Bolt sets fire to minor combustibles and damages size Tiny and smaller unattended objects in its path. It may melt metals with a low melting point, such as lead, gold, copper, silver, or bronze. It does not inflict siege damage or Sunders; it stops at a Blocked space just as any other spell effect does.