Lock Gaze (Spell)
- Level: Bard 1, Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Enchantment (compulsion)
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 15 caster levels (drop fractions; max 3 at level 30), all of whom must be within 20 feet of each other.
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You cry out the flamboyant phrases of this spell, proudly and skillfully, as you preen before your soon to be victims.
- You compel the targets you choose as above to look at you and only you, no matter how they are currently standing, their eyes rolling in their sockets against their will, their bodies contorting to snap their gaze onto you. All target creatures to whom you have line of sight and are in range as defined above suffer (Circle 1 damage): 1d4 points of damage per character level (max 5d4 at character level 5) of rugosic (physical, uncommon) damage, as their eyes try to tear themselves out of the sockets to gaze only at you. Victims are allowed a saving throw as above to take half damage, but they look only at you, regardless.
- While staring at you (from the time the spell is cast until their next action), the target is considered to be averting its eyes from every creature but you, granting all creatures other than you concealment. Blind creatures and creatures immune to gaze attacks are immune to this spell.