Longstrider (Ranger Poultice)
- Level: Ranger 1
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A bit of clay marked with a rune, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Until the end of your next full night's rest
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This poultice is made from stimulant herbs, and botanicals with a strengthening effect upon the imbiber. The holder applies the plaster to their legs, making their stride long and firm, their endurance unflagging.
- This poultice gives the holder a +10 foot Arcane Bonus to their Walk speed. It adds half this bonus (five feet) to all other modes of movement they possess, such as burrow, climb, fly, or swim. It does not give them any type of movement you do not already have by some other means.
- These bonuses increase to +20 feet and +10 feet at 15th character level of the herbalist Ranger who mixes the poultice, and +30 feet and +15 feet at 30th level.
- When used with Overland Travel, the holder gains 1 mile per hour of travel (or 8 miles of travel for a full day) for every character level of the herbalist Ranger who made the poultice. A 12th level Ranger will add twelve additional miles per hour of travel, at 25th level the holder travels twenty-five additional miles per hour of travel, etc. This spell does not give any protection from the vagaries of overland travel, such as terrain, Environmental Effects, random encounters, etc.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.