Mad Hallucination (Spell)
- Level: Bard 6, Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Illusion (phantasm)
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell is spoken as a weird, broken jumble of half-formed phrases and sentences, describing maddening visions in a dozen languages or more. When the spell culminates, choose one target creature within range. This target must use a visual or sound-based sense, or they are immune to the effects of this spell.
- This spell creates a tiny illusion, no larger than the pupil or ear canal of its target, one illusion for each sensory channel the creature possesses. This has the effect of 'locking in' the senses of the creature while leaving their body completely visible and unaffected.
- The victim must make a saving throw as above or suffer the fogged condition, as the information their eyes and ears are giving them are wildly wrong compared to all their other senses. In addition, the wretched mystical mis-match between their mind and body inflicts (Circle 3 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 10d6 at character level 10) of fictive (energy, uncommon) damage, as their mind reels and staggers. If they make the saving throw, they suffer the burned condition as fictive damage, as they strain each round to discern the real from the unreal.
- If a victim is suffering the dazzled condition (from any source) when they are afflicted with this spells effects, they suffer a -3 penalty on their saving throw to resist the fogged condition.
- Synergy If a victim is fogged or burned by this spell and another condition that is not fogged or burned is laid upon them, the caster of this spell may choose as an immediate action to discharge this spell as (Circle 7 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 20d6+40 at character level 20) of fictive (energy, uncommon).
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.