Mage's Sword (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 7
- School: Evocation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, F (A miniature platinum sword worth 250 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 10 caster levels (drop fractions; max 4 at level 30) in spell range, who must be within 30 feet of each other
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell brings into being one or more shimmering, sword-like planes of force. These swords appear above the heads (or upper surface, if they lack heads) of victims chosen as above. At the culmination of the spell, the swords plunge downward!
- Each victim can be the target of only one Sword. When the spell is cast, each victim takes (Circle 5 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 15d6+15 at character level 15) of spindling (physical, rare) damage and suffers the Ruptured condition for a number of points equal to the Spell Level. If they make a saving throw as defined above, they suffer half damage and the Rupture is lowered to a Bleed.