Magic Missile (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Evocation
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: Up to five creatures within range, no two of which can be more than 15 ft. apart
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell is a hissing and sibilant verse of near-poetry, the sound of nearly pure magic. Upon completion, one or more missiles of magical energy darts forth from your fingertip and strikes its target, dealing 1d4+1 points of force (energy, uncommon) damage.
- The missile strikes unerringly as long as there is line of effect and line of sight, even if the target is in melee combat, so long as it has less than total cover or total concealment. Specific parts of a creature can't be singled out. Objects are not damaged by the spell, and it cannot inflict Sunders.
- For every two caster levels beyond 1st, you gain an additional missile — two missiles at 3rd level, three missiles at 5th, four missiles at 7th, and the unaugmented maximum of five missiles at 9th level or higher. If you shoot multiple missiles, you can have them strike a single creature or several creatures. A single missile can strike only one creature. You must designate targets before you check for Spell Resistance or roll damage.
- This custom damage profile is treated as Circle 2 for Mana Burning purposes, namely, expending one additional spell moves the damage to the normal damage profile for Circle 3. When Magic Missile is Mana Burned, it produces one missile per damage die rolled (ignoring any adders), instead of one per two caster levels above first, meaning more than 5 missiles can be produced by a caster of level 6 or higher. However, the maximum number of targets remains capped at five, regardless of the number of missiles produced. The caster may assign missiles to targets as they wish.