Magnetic Field (Spell)
- Level: Alchemist 6, Cleric 7, Sorcerer/Wizard 7
- School: Abjuration
- Elemental School: metal 7
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: 30 ft.
- Target or Area: 30-ft.-radius emanation
- Duration: 1 rnd/2 lvls (D)
- Saving Throw: REFL negates (object; see text)
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You create a spherical magnetic field that surrounds you to a range of 30 feet and follows you for the duration of the spell.
- Unattended metal objects in range—including weapons, armor, and anything made primarily out of metal—are pulled violently toward you, stopping just short of your space and falling harmlessly to the ground. Objects secured to a nonmetallic fixture remain where they are unless a forceful tug would be enough to detach them. Loose objects weighing more than 500 pounds are not affected. If the magnetic field would cause a dangerous metal object such as a sword or anvil to intersect a square occupied by a creature, that creature must succeed at a REFL save or take damage as if from an improvised weapon of the object’s size (or smaller or larger, at the GM’s discretion).
- A creature in the area wearing metal armor, wielding a metal weapon, or holding a metal object must succeed at a REFL save or be dragged 5 feet closer to you in a straight line, as if affected by the Pull (Monster Ability). A creature can drop a metal object it’s holding as a free action to avoid the effect if it’s not wearing metal armor; a creature being dragged by its shield can loosen it as a move action and drop it as a free action. Creatures made entirely or mostly of metal take a –2 penalty on their REFL saves. Creatures that fail their saves by 5 or more are pulled an additional 5 feet closer for every increment of 5 by which they failed their saves.