- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 3
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A tiny pinch of onyx dust, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), within a 20 foot spread (a 9x9 space)
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You utter a dire curse over the battlefield before you, the fell and mighty words too awful to bear repetition. Upon casting this spell, you sear the animus from everything, living, dead, or made, your bleak gaze falls upon.
- Upon casting this spell, a terrible blight of darkness spreads from a square you choose and rushes out to afflict everything with line of sight to that target square. This afflicts all reachable creatures in a 9x9 square. All creatures wholly or partially in the area of effect to whom there is line of effect suffer (Circle 3 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 10d6 at character level 10) of necrotic (energy, uncommon) if the caster is Arcane, or holy (energy, rare) if the caster is Divine. A saving throw against the above DC lowers this damage by half.
- Synergy: If this spell kills any creature, the caster gains one Action Point that they must use before the end of this combat, or it dissipates to no effect.