Mass Instant Necrosis (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A piece of spoiled fruit, dosed with poison, worth 1,000 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 15 character levels (drop fractions; max 3 at level 30) within 20 feet of one another
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell requires a certain shameless demeanor in the caster, as they shout out loud the vile, disgustingly rotten phrases of this spell. All within hearing know exactly the sorts of associations the caster of THIS spell has.... Upon completion of this awful spell, your chosen targets within range are smitten with a vile rotting affliction, whether they want it or not.
- The caster chooses a number of target creatures to which they have line of sight and line of effect within Close range (25 feet plus five feet per two caster levels), all of whom must be within thirty feet of one another. Those unfortunate creatures are struck by the most vile of afflictions upon the culmination of this terrible spell, as the caster draws upon the darkest realms for their edification.
- The affected creatures suffer (Circle 5 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 15d6+15 at character level 15) of tenebrous (energy, rare) damage as the very structure of their existence is destroyed, corrupted, and terribly warped. Far worse, the target is given the Maimed status, as huge portions of their structure is warped, withered, and ground away. All affected creatures are allowed to make a Fortitude saving throw as described above to lower the damage inflicted by half and reduce the Maimed status to merely Crippled.