Meteor Swarm (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Evocation
- Subdomain: stars 9
- Bloodline: boreal 9
- Elemental School: fire 9, metal 9
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A handful of clinkers of coal, all matching, worth 1gp.)
- Range: Long (200 ft. + 20 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: four 40-ft.-radius spreads, see text
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: none or REFL half, see text
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Meteor Swarm is a very powerful and spectacular spell that sends massive spheres of solid flame to batter your enemies into bloody submission, which then explode into massive storms of fire. When you shout out the concussive phrases of Meteor Swarm, four 2-foot-diameter spheres spring from your outstretched hand and streak in straight lines to target squares you select within range as long as you have line of effect along the chosen path(s). The meteor spheres leave a fiery trail of sparks. If the meteor spheres strike an obstacle, they inflict damage as below or flicker out harmlessly, at the discretion of the caster.
- If you choose to aim a sphere at a specific creature, you may make a ranged Touch Attack to strike the target with the meteor. Any creature struck by a sphere takes 3d6 points of bludgeoning (physical, common) damage, plus 1d6 per three caster levels above 17th, drop fractions, maximum 8d6, (no save). (Thus: 3d6 at 17 to 20; 4d6 at 21 to 23; 5d6at 24 to 27; 6d6 at 28 to 30, 7d6 at 31 to 33; and 8d6 at 34+). If a targeted sphere misses its target, it simply explodes in the nearest square of the target's space. You may aim more than one sphere at the same target.
- Once a sphere reaches its destination (hit or miss), it explodes in a 40-foot-radius spread (17 x 17 square area), dealing 5d6 points of fire (energy, common) damage up to 26th level (or 6d6 of fire damage at 27th or higher) to each creature in the area. Victims in overlapping areas take a -1 on their saving throw die for each area they are caught in above one, to a maximum penalty of -3. Despite stemming from separate spheres, all of the Fire Damage is added together after the save has been made, and ER x/common is applied only once.
- If you choose to aim a sphere at an object, you may make a Caster Check against the Sunder DC of the object for each sphere. If the check succeeds, each sphere inflicts 1d6 points of Siege Damage and does not explode.