Mind Fog (Bard Spell)
- Level: Bard 5
- School: Illusion
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe) in a fog that spreads in 20-ft. radius, 20 feet high (a space 9x9x4 squares on a side)
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Mind Fog produces a bank of thin mist that obscures sight (as Fog Cloud (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell)). Creatures caught within are assailed by a sense of slow, creeping dread and gain the Burned condition, inflicting fictive (energy, uncommon) damage. This burned condition cannot be removed as long as victims remain in the area of effect. Creatures are aware the effect is illusory, but are unable to pierce the effect because it is so nebulous and vague. Leaving the area of effect ends all effects immediately. Since this spell produces an Illusion rather than a true physical fog, it is unaffected by wind and can be cast underwater.
- This spell is immune to dispersal by Dispersing spells. Dispel Magic or Disjunction effects are still effective. GM's adjudicate all unusual circumstances.