Mirror Image (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 2
- School: Illusion (figment)
- Subdomain: deception 2
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell creates an illusory double of you that inhabits your square. This double makes it difficult for enemies to precisely locate and attack you.
- When Mirror Image is cast, 1 illusory image is created. This increases to two images at 21st level. The image remains in your space and moves with you, mimicking your movements, sounds, and actions exactly. Whenever you are attacked or are the target of a spell that requires an attack roll, there is a possibility that the attack targets one of your images instead. If the attack is a hit, roll randomly to see whether the selected target is real or a figment. If it is a figment, the figment is destroyed and you are not harmed unless the attack has some area of effect component, which may affect you. Area spells affect you normally and do not destroy any of your figments. Spells and effects that do not require an attack roll (e.g. Magic Missile (Spell)) affect you normally and do not destroy any of your figments. Spells that require a Touch Attack are harmlessly discharged if used to destroy a figment, unless they include some area of effect component, which may affect you.
- An attacker must be able to see the figments to be fooled. If you are invisible or the attacker is blind, the spell has no effect (although the normal miss chances still apply). The figments cannot be deliberately targeted, and thus cannot be harmed by effects such as the Cleave, Great (Feat).
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.