Molten Orb (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 8
- School: Conjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A bit of clinker from a forge, engraved with a rune, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: 1 ray attack
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You huff and blow upon a clinker clutched in your fist, growling quick, snarling words between each breath. The clinker burns and smokes, then erupts!
- You create a fist-sized, red-hot ball of molten metal in your hand that you immediately hurl as a ray attack. Unlike most rays, this one is treated as a splash weapon. Make a ranged touch attack, as a Ray. A direct hit deals (Circle 8 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 21d6+63 at character level 21) points of Fire (energy, common) and the Immolated condition dealing yet more Fire damage upon your unfortunate target.
- If you miss with the ray attack, roll for scatter as normal for a splash weapon. Every creature within 5 feet of where the ball hits suffers the Singed condition, inflicting fire damage. If you hit with the ray attack, all creatures within five feet of the main target suffers the Burned condition, inflicting fire damage, as the molten metal splatters widely.