Monkey Fish (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: One living creature
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Fortitude negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- As you hoot out the faintly ridiculous phrases of this spell, you caper about in a most acrobatic way. Your hands grow large and strong, with long hirsute fingers, and your feet grow long and wide with webbed toes. These alterations make you much better at climbing and swimming. You gain a climb speed of 10 feet and a swim speed of 10 feet, plus 10 feet per 10 caster levels of the caster (drop fractions, thus, +10 feet up to 10th level, +20 feet up to 20th level, +30 feet up to 30th level, and +40 feet above 30th level). If you already have a Climb or Swim speed, this spell adds the above amount to the existing total, to a maximum of double.
- This spell adds ten feet less movement if you are carrying a medium load (thus having no effect below a caster level of tenth). This spell adds twenty feet less movement if you are carrying a heavy load (thus having no effect below 20th level).
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.