Nauseating Trail (Alchemist Extract)
- Level: Alchemist 1
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A rotten egg or cabbage leaves, carefully packaged, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: No
- You pour this horrifically aromatic elixir upon a bit of offal and imbibe it with relish, the complex mosaic of flavors and smells a definite adventure. The magical effect of the extract causes you to sweat profusely, thick greenish oily exudations that you may as a free action during your turn fan forth into heavy billows of the most vile of emissions. Once you choose to emit the smelly vapors, they fill your space and all spaces you move through, lingering behind as you move. The vapors do not obscure sight, but all creatures which pass through one or more of these squares gains the Singed condition, inflicting poison (physical, uncommon) damage, and must make a saving throw as described above or suffer the Gagging condition. If a creature ends its movement in one or more of these squares, it gains the Burned condition, also inflicting poison (physical, uncommon), and they must save or suffer from Gagging. This is the same affect as a Stinking Cloud. The imbiber is immune to these vapors.
- These vapors persist as the creature moves, filling every square it passes through until it has filled a number of squares equal to 1 plus 1 per five character levels of the mixer of the extract (thus, 2 at 1-5, 3 at 6-10, 4 at 11-15, 5 at 16-20, 6 at 21-25, 7 at 26-30, and 8 at 31 and higher). Squares moved through in excess of that number are not filled with the vapors.
- A moderate wind (11+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 2 rounds; a strong wind (21+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 1 round. The vaporous effect cannot penetrate liquids, nor can it be cast underwater or in other fluids. Other Environmental Effects may disperse or enhance it at the GM's discretion.
- This extracts effects are subject to dispersal by Dispersing spells. Dispersing spells contain vigorous winds, fresh air, air currents, or other effects. Squares of this mixtures effect which intersect with a Dispersing Spell's squares of effect are dispelled, but all other squares remain. GM's adjudicate all unusual circumstances.
- Dispersing Spells include Dispersing (Aggressive Thundercloud (Druid Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Druid Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Air Step (Alchemist Extract), Air Step (Bard Spell), Air Step (Cleric Spell), Air Step (Druid Spell), Air Step (Paladin Spell), Air Step (Ranger Poultice), Air Step (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Calm Air (Druid Spell), Calm Air (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Cloak of Winds (Druid Spell), Cloak of Winds (Ranger Poultice), Cloak of Winds (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Freedom (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Gust of Wind (Druid Spell), Gust of Wind (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Hurricane Blast (Druid Spell), Hurricane Blast (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Pillar of Fire (Druid Spell), Pillar of Fire (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Resilient Sphere (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Scouring Winds (Druid Spell), Scouring Winds (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Telekinetic Sphere (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Wind Wall (Cleric Spell), Wind Wall (Druid Spell), Wind Wall (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell)), and any other effects the GM rules as dispersing gases, fogs, mists, etc.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.
Circle Damage for Spells
| Spell Circle
|| Burn Cost
|| Min Character Level (CL)
|| Base Dice
|| Max Dice