Nauseating Trail (Spell)
- Level: Alchemist 1, Druid 1, Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A rotten egg or cabbage leaves, carefully packaged, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: One willing creature
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: No
- You cast this spell and show a bit of offal to a willing creature nearby, causing it to emit the most vile of emissions. The target exudes stinking vapors that fill its space and linger behind as it moves. The vapors do not obscure sight, but All creatures which pass through one or more of these squares gains the Singed condition, inflicting poison (physical, uncommon) damage, and must make a saving throw as described above or suffer the Gagging condition. If a creature ends its movement in one or more of these squares, it gains the Burned condition, also inflicting poison (physical, uncommon), and they must save or suffer from Gagging. This is the same affect as a Stinking Cloud (Spell). The target is immune to these vapors.
- These vapors persist as the creature moves, filling every square it passes through until it has filled a number of squares equal to 1 plus 1 per ten caster levels of the caster (thus, 2 at 1-9, 3 at 10-19, 4 at 20-29, and 5 at 30+). Squares moved through in excess of that number are not filled with the vapors.
- A moderate wind (11+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 2 rounds; a strong wind (21+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 1 round. The spell effect cannot penetrate liquids, nor can it be cast underwater or in other fluids. Other Environmental Effects may disperse or enhance it at the GM's discretion.
- This spell is subject to dispersal by Dispersing spells. Dispersing spells contain vigorous winds, fresh air, air currents, or other effects. Squares of this spells effect which intersect with a Dispersing Spell's squares of effect are dispelled, but all other squares remain. GM's adjudicate all unusual circumstances.
- Dispersing Spells include Dispersing (Wind Wall (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud (Spell), Gust of Wind (Spell), Air Step (Spell), Cloak of Winds (Spell), Hurricane Blast (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Spell), Calm Air (Spell), Resilient Sphere (Spell), Telekinetic Sphere (Spell), Scouring Winds (Spell), Freedom (Spell), Pillar of Fire (Spell)), and any other effects the GM rules as dispersing gases, fogs, mists, etc.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.