Necklace of Fire +5
CL 17 Neck Slot Item • Moderate Evocation
- Cost: 325,000 gp
- Weight: 1.0 lbs.
- Family: Necklace of Fire
A Necklace of Fire +5 grants the following powers to an attuned wearer:
- Immolation: As a swift action, the wearer may cause the flaming alchemical fuel in the necklace to splash over their body. They erupt in flames, shedding light as a torch, but they are not harmed as long as they are attuned. Any foe who attacks the wearer in melee, hit or miss, (even if using a reach weapon), takes (Order 2 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 35d6+35 at character level 35) as fire (energy, common) damage, up to once per round per attacker. The fire persists until the end of the encounter, or the wearer spends a swift action to dismiss it. Using this power does not extinguish the flame in the necklace.
- Alchemical Fire: As a move action, you may use one hand to snatch the flame from the vial and hurl it as a splash weapon (10 foot range increment, max 50 foot range). If you successfully hit with a ranged touch attack you inflict (Order 4 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 35d6+105 at character level 35) as fire (energy, common) damage to your targeted foe. The splash damage is equal to half damage to all foes in the adjacent squares. Hurling this fire does not extinguish the flame.
- Fireball: As a standard action, you may seize the flame with one hand and command it to form a fireball. The range of this attack is 200 feet plus 20 feet times your highest BAB number in any Class Progression chart of any class you possess. The flame flies forth as a tiny fiery orb a few inches in diameter, and when it arrives at the point you chose within that range, it explodes to fill a 7x7 square space. All creatures caught in the space take (Order 5 damage): 1d6+4 points of damage per character level (max 35d6+140 at character level 35) as fire (energy, common) damage. Victims are allowed a REFL saving throw against a DC equal to 13 + your BAB to take half damage. This extinguishes the flame until the end of the encounter, cancelling all named powers and the base light generation until the flame returns.
- Fireblast: As a full round action, you may seize the flame with one hand and hurl it to form a fiery inferno. The range of this power is 200 feet plus 20 feet times your highest BAB number in any Class Progression chart of any class you possess. Two fiery orbs fly from your space to the spaces you indicate within your range. You may target any squares to which you have line of effect, as long as at least one square of the areas of effect overlap. Each fiery orb explodes in an 11x11 space square, dealing (Order 6 damage): 1d6+5 points of damage per character level (max 35d6+175 at character level 35) as fire (energy, common) damage. These areas may overlap as much as you wish, and victims caught in multiple areas must make a REFL save against each blast with a DC equal to 13 + your BAB to take half damage. Victims in overlapping areas take a -1 on their saving throw die for each area they are caught in above one, to a maximum penalty of -3. This extinguishes the flame until the next day, cancelling all named powers and the base light generation until the flame returns.
The owner of this magic item must wear it continuously for 24 hours to attune it to their aura, and until that time has passed, it provides no benefits to the wearer.
- Creation: Creator (Feat), Bailiwick Check (DC 44 (10 + double CL)), Bright (tier 3) remnant, An item symbolic of the enchantment, 162,500 gp (minus cost of symbolic item).