- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 5
- School: Illusion
- Domain: madness 5
- Subdomain: night 6
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A pinch of sand and coal dust, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Long (200 ft. + 20 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 15 character levels (drop fractions; max 3 at level 30)
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You murmur a lullaby, but in the manner of a dirge. Upon completing this spell, you choose a number of living creatures with minds in the spell's range. To these unfortunates, you send a hideous and unsettling phantasmal vision to shatter their minds.
- The Nightmare shocks the target's minds with clammy dread, inflicting (Circle 5 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 15d6+15 at character level 15) of psychic (energy, uncommon) damage and the fatigued condition. A saving throw as described above lowers the damage by half and negates the fatigue.