Orc Battle-Rager (CR 7)
Chaotic Evil - Medium - Humanoid (Orc)
- Orc Battle-Ragers have committed themselves fully to the Path of Blood, choosing a path of constant battle. As part of this violent credo, they drink a vile, tar-like concoction of secret and magical herbs to dull pain, heighten their alertness and feed their aggression. Due to the herb-fueled savagery thus induced, many Orc Battle-Ragers die bloodily within the first few years of their apprenticeship to their tribe's Warlord. Those that survive go on to become Orc Centurions. Orc Battle-Ragers are recognizable by their incredible ferocity but lack of martial precision.
- Init: +17
- Ambush Chance: 9+ on d20 (req's 1 minute prep)
- AC: 25
- Maneuver Defense (MD): 25
- Hit Points: 107 (Bloodied Value: 53) Hit Dice: 11
- Fort: +10 Refl: +6 Will: +6
- Special Defenses:
- DR 7/-
- Strong Against:
- Weak Against:
- Movement Types: Walk 35 ft.
- Space / Reach: 5 ft. / 5 ft.
- Standard Attack:
- 1x Mountain-Forged Saber +16 (1d8+7/19-20 x2) as slashing (physical, common)
- Full Attack:
- 3x Mountain-Forged Saber +16 (1d8+7/19-20 x2) as slashing (physical, common)
- Standard Ranged:
- 1x Orcish Shotput +15 (1d8+5/19-20 x2) as bludgeoning (physical, common) (Increment: 10 ft.; Max Range: 50 ft.) ; plus Returning
- Full Ranged:
- 3x Orcish Shotput +15 (1d8+5/19-20 x2) as bludgeoning (physical, common) (Increment: 10 ft.; Max Range: 50 ft.) ; plus Returning
- Maneuver Offense: +12 (+3 on Cleaves)
- Siege Damage: Not siege capable
- Str: 24 Dex: 20 Con: 20 Int: 15 Wis: 8 Cha: 11
- Languages: Orcish, Common
Warrior's Surge (Su)
- Once per encounter as a free action, an Orc Rager may choose to heal itself for 34 hit points. Using this ability also clears any one status condition the Orc Rager is suffering from. The Orc Rager may use this ability on his turn even if he is otherwise denied all actions by one or more status conditions.
Frenzied Thrashing (Ex, Aura 5')
- Any enemy starting its turn adjacent to the Orc Rager takes 1d6+3 points of piercing (physical, common) damage at the start of its turn, as the Rager lashes out with his spiked armor.
- Ragers will use their Orc Shotputs if they are outside of melee range. Once in melee range, they will maneuver to maximize their Cleave combat maneuver, and rely on their DR, Frenzied Thrashing aura and Warrior's Surge abilities to keep them in the fight. Ragers will nearly always fight to the death unless commanded to retreat by a mightier Orc of their tribe. Their melee attacks are powerful and they know it, and thus they will prefer to close to melee if at all possible using charge maneuvers, Bull Rush, Overrun, etc.
Out of Combat
- XP: 3,200
- Treasure: Sellable Goods worth 2,875 gp.
- Weight: 70 lbs. Volume: 2.8 cu. ft.
- Optional Treasure Rules: Roll on the following table once per encounter (NOT per creature). Any items discovered are in addition to the normal treasure for the encounter.
Table 1: Roll a d20: Result Remnant Found (If Any) 1 - 10 Nothing Found 11 - 14 1 Languid Remnant (tier 1) 15 - 17 1 Pale Remnant (tier 2) 18 - 19 1 Bright Remnant (tier 3) 20 Roll on Table 2 Table 2: Roll a d20: Result Remnant(s) Found 1 - 5 3 Languid Remnants (tier 1) 6 - 10 3 Pale Remnants (tier 2) 11 - 14 1 Intense Remnant (tier 4) 15 - 17 1 Blazing Remnant (tier 5) 18 - 19 1 Vital Remnant (tier 6) 20 Roll on Table 3 Table 3: Roll a d20: Result Remnant(s) Found 1 - 5 3 Bright Remnants (tier 3) 6 - 8 3 Intense Remnants (tier 4) 9 - 11 3 Blazing Remnants (tier 5) 12 - 14 3 Vital Remnants (tier 6) 15 - 17 1 Prime Remnant (tier 7) 18 - 19 1 Mythic Remnant (tier 8) 20 1 Empyrean Remnant (tier 9)