Overwhelming Grief (Spell)
- Level: Bard 3, Sorcerer/Wizard 4
- School: Enchantment (compulsion)
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A vial of tears, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), in a 9x9 space
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell is a dirge, a lamenting wail, the expression of shocking, stunning, unexpected tearing heartache, like a child's first great loss magnified a hundred times and hurled forth in an uncaring blast upon all targets affected.
- Upon completion, you cause all opponents in the area of effect, wholly or partially, to become profoundly stricken with intense grief. This effect is so intense that even the hardest of hearts, the mindless, the undead, and the stone-hearted, are stricken. Targets suffer (Circle 4 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 12d6+12 at character level 12) as psychic (energy, uncommon) damage and are Dazzled. Targets are allowed a saving throw as detailed above to suffer half damage and remain stubbornly dry-eyed.
- But inside, they suffer.