Condition Severity: Strong
Your whole body becomes rigid and frozen in place, making you unable to move or act.
- You can take no actions, other than those described in the "Ended-By" section below.
- You are susceptible to coup-de-grace attacks.
- A winged creature flying in the air at the time that it becomes paralyzed cannot flap its wings and falls.
- A paralyzed swimmer can't swim and may drown.
- A creature can move through a space occupied by a paralyzed creature, whether friend or foe, as though the space were difficult terrain.
- As a full round action, you may attempt to resist the Paralyzed effect, gaining a new saving throw. The DC for this saving throw is the same DC as the original effect. If successful, the Paralyzed condition degrades to the Immobilized condition.
- You can spend a full round action to attempt an Escape Artist check against the Maneuver Defense of the creature who inflicted this status. If there is no creature involved, the target is a challenging DC based on the CR of the effect. If you succeed on the check, you shrug off the condition. You may only attempt this once – if you fail the Escape Artist check, you may not try again, and must recover by some other means.
- If not cleared, Paralyzed automatically ends at the end of the encounter.
- Alternatively, if an ally (not an enemy) subjects you to at least 5 squares of forced movement, the Paralyzed condition immediately ends.
- These 5 squares of forced movement do not need to come from the same effect or action, or even occur during the same round.
- Once the sum of forced movement inflicted on you by allies is 5 or more squares (and all this movement occurred after you became Paralyzed), the Paralyzed condition is broken.