Pellet Blast (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 3
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A handful of metal pellets worth 1gp, or, handful of cold iron worth 50 gp, silver worth 20 gp, or adamantine worth 100 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), a 45 foot diameter (9x9 square space) blast.
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 caster level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You recite the rhythmic, clangorous phrases of this spell, your hands moving as if working heavy metal, until you hurl forth a heavy handful of metal chunks.
- Choose a target square to which you have line of sight and line of effect within range. This spell creates an explosion of lethal metal pellets, originating from that square and striking everything within its area which has line of effect to the central square. This deadly blast of heavy metallic bits deals (Circle 3 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 10d6 at character level 10) of piercing (physical, common) and inflicts the impaired condition as the pellets lance through the flesh of the victims and leaves limbs dangling, useless. A successful save as detailed above reduces the damage by half and negates the impaired condition.
- Note: If the material component is made of cold iron, silver, or adamantine, the resulting blast can overcome DR of the appropriate type. The pellets disappear after the spell is cast and the damage is dealt.