DEPRECATED: All effects of this spell are removed, and will be replaced with magic items/dungeon dressing
| Alchemist = | Bard = | Cleric = | Druid = | Paladin = | Ranger = | Sorcerer/Wizard = 5
- Subdomain: rites 5
| CastTime=2 rounds
| Components=V, S, M (see tables below)
| Range=see text
| Target=see text
| Duration=permanent; see text
| Description = This spell makes the duration of certain other spells permanent. You first cast the desired spell and then follow it with the Permanency spell.
- Depending on the spell, you must be of a minimum caster level and must expend a specific gp value of diamond dust as a material component.
- You can make the following spells permanent in regard to yourself. You cannot cast these spells on other creatures. This application of Permanency can be dispelled only by a caster of higher level than you were when you cast the spell.
- In addition to personal use, Permanency can be used to make the following spells permanent on yourself, another creature, or an object (as appropriate):
Table: Self, Others, or Objects Spell Minimum Caster Level GP Cost Spell Minimum Caster Level GP Cost Anthropomorphic Animal 11th 7,500 gp Enlarge Person 9th 2,500 gp Magic Fang 9th 2,500 gp Magic Fang, Greater 11th 7,500 gp Reduce Person 9th 2,500 gp Resistance 9th 2,500 gp Telepathic Bond* 13th 12,500 gp
- *Only bonds two creatures per casting of Permanency.
- Additionally, the following spells can be cast upon objects or areas only and rendered permanent.
Table: Objects or Areas Spell Minimum Caster Level GP Cost Alarm 9th 2,500 gp Alter River – – Animate Objects 14th 15,000 gp Cloud of Seasickness 9th 2,500 gp Corpse Lanterns 11th 7,500 gp Dancing Lantern 9th 2,500 gp Dancing Lights 9th 2,500 gp Ghost Sound 9th 2,500 gp Ghost Sound 11th 7,500 gp Invisibility 10th 5,000 gp Invisibility Alarm 9th 2,500 gp Loathsome Veil 10th 7,500 gp Mage’s Private Sanctum 13th 12,500 gp Magic Mouth 10th 5,000 gp Phase Door 15th 17,500 gp Prismatic Sphere 17th 22,500 gp Prismatic Wall 16th 20,000 gp Sanctify Corpse 9th 500 gp Shrink Item 11th 7,500 gp Solid Fog 12th 10,000 gp Stinking Cloud 11th 7,500 gp Stolen Light 10th 5,000 gp Symbol of Death 16th 20,000 gp Symbol of Fear 14th 15,000 gp Symbol of Healing 10th 10,000 gp Symbol of Insanity 16th 20,000 gp Symbol of Laughter 10th 5,000 gp Symbol of Mirroring 10th 5,000 gp Symbol of Pain 13th 12,500 gp Symbol of Persuasion 14th 15,000 gp Symbol of Revelation 12th 10,000 gp Symbol of Scrying 13th 10,000 gp Symbol of Sleep 16th 20,000 gp Symbol of Slowing 11th 10,000 gp Symbol of Strife 18th 25,000 gp Symbol of Stunning 15th 17,500 gp Symbol of Vulnerability 18th 25,000 gp Symbol of Weakness 15th 17,500 gp Teleportation Circle 17th 22,500 gp Teleport Trap ? 7,000 gp Pillar of Fire 12th 10,000 gp Wall of Force 13th 12,500 gp Wall of Light 13th 11,000 gp Web 10th 5,000 gp
- Spells cast on other targets are vulnerable to Dispel Magic (Spell) as normal. The GM may allow other spells to be made permanent.
| ShortDesc=Makes certain spells permanent.
| Reviewed = N }}