Phantasmal Killer (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 4
- School: Illusion (phantasm)
- Domain: madness 6
- Subdomain: nightmare 4
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
- Target or Area: one living creature
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: WILL disbelief; FORT partial; see text
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You create a phantasmal image of the most fearsome creature imaginable to the subject simply by forming the fears of the subject's subconscious mind into something that its conscious mind can visualize: this most horrible beast. Only the spell's subject can see the Phantasmal Killer. You see only a vague shape. The target first gets a WILL save to recognize the image as unreal. If that save fails, the phantasm touches the subject, and the subject must succeed on a FORT save or die from fear. Even if the FORT save is successful, the subject takes 3d6 points of damage.
- If the subject of a Phantasmal Killer attack succeeds in disbelieving and possesses telepathy or is wearing a Helm of Telepathy (Magic Item), the beast can be turned upon you. You must then disbelieve it or become subject to its deadly fear attack.