Phantasmal Killer (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 4
- School: Illusion
- Domain: madness 6
- Subdomain: nightmare 4
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A sheer handkerchief, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: one target creature, a living creature within range
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Upon whispering the wispy, breathy passages of the Phantasmal Killer spell, the caster calls forth a wavering, obviously unreal, and utterly terrible image. The exact form of a Phantasmal Killer is hard to say, as they only exist for a mere instant, appearing in a square adjacent to the caster's space and then darting forth with incredible, unreal, flickering speed. In the shuddering instant that it exists, the Phantasmal Killer traces out a path to the maximum extent of its range, as long as the caster has line of sight and line of effect to each square. As it races along its brief, frenzied existence, it may pass adjacent to or through any creature's space as if it does not exist, which in truth, it does not.
- When the Killer arrives adjacent to the target creature, the caster may make one or more melee touch attacks, up to the limit they possess due to their base BAB and any other effects that might be affecting them. This effect is specifically not a ray attack, but if any of these attacks hits the touch AC of the targeted creature, that target suffers (Circle 5 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 15d6+15 at character level 15) of fictive (energy, uncommon) damage, without benefit of a save, and the spell is instantly dispelled. A Phantasmal Killer can only inflict damage once.