Phantasmal Web (Spell)
- Level: Bard 5, Sorcerer/Wizard 5
- School: Illusion (phantasm)
- Subdomain: insanity 6
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A sketch of a spider in a web, on fine parchment, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe) in a 20 foot radius area (a 9x9 square space).
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You implant within the minds of your targets the Illusion that they are engulfed in tangled webs teeming with swarms of tiny spiders. Those who fail the saving throw detailed above are treated as if in a Web (Spell), but also become Immolated, suffering Poison damage. If the save is made, they are not caught in the Web and are not immolated, but instead suffer (Circle 3 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 10d6 at character level 10) points of fictive (energy, uncommon) damage as the spells dire magics tear at their sanity.
- As the Phantasmal Web exists only in the minds of the targets, it cannot be burned or destroyed by any who are not affected. It provides no cover against those unaffected. Targets who failed their saves can escape the Phantasmal Web by the normal ways for the Web spell.
- Targets of the spell perceive everyone else around them to be engulfed in webs and swarming spiders. Those unaffected see the victims writhing to escape the empty air.