Phantom Blood (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 10 character levels (drop fractions; max 4 at level 30), allies whom you can see and are within 20 feet of each other.
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- With whispered entreaties to dark, nameless powers, you infuse yourself or your allies with a big dose of un-life.
- You bolster your life energy. If you or any affected allies are struck in combat, you or they immediately gain temporary hit points equal to the spell's spell level. Each casting of this spell grants you temporary hit points only once.
- In addition, when you or your allies are struck in combat (typically by melee and ranged attacks, but the GM adjudicates any unusual circumstances), up to once per round, the force of the impact knocks a ghostly 'phantom copy' of you or them right out of their body! This phantom copy moves as directed by the struck victim, one square away from the struck ally, or two squares if the caster level of the spell is 21st or higher. This phantom does not block movement, grant cover, or occupy its square, but during the struck creature's next turn, it may as a free action vanish from its current space and appear in the square of the duplicate, if they can physically occupy that space. This is a very modest teleport effect, and as such does not provoke attacks of opportunity. If you or an ally chooses not to vanish and move to the phantoms space, it dissipates harmlessly.
- Each affected ally, or yourself, may use this phantom copy to move as a free action once per casting at caster levels 1-15, twice at levels 16-30, and three times at level 31 and above. Once used to its limit, the spell is dispelled.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.