Plague Storm (Cleric Spell)
- Level: Cleric 6
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A vial of body fluid recovered from a decaying body, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), in a fog that spreads in 20-ft. radius, 20 feet high (a 9x9x4 square space).
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You create a hideous gray cloud, similar to Fog Cloud (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), that occasionally crackles with foul-smelling bolts of sickly green lightning. These vapors inflict (Circle 4 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 12d6+12 at character level 12) of necrotic (energy, uncommon) damage when the spell is cast. The cloud persists until the end of the encounter, or is dispersed, dispelled, or otherwise removed. Any creature which passes through a square or more of the cloud suffers the Singed condition, inflicting Necrotic damage. Any creature which ends its movement within the cloud gains the Burned condition, again inflicting Necrotic damage.
- A moderate wind (11+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 2 rounds; a strong wind (21+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 1 round. The spell effect cannot penetrate liquids, nor can it be cast underwater or in other fluids. Other Environmental Effects may disperse or enhance it at the GM's discretion.
- This spell is subject to dispersal by Dispersing spells. Dispersing spells contain vigorous winds, fresh air, air currents, or other effects. Squares of this spells effect which intersect with a Dispersing Spell's squares of effect are dispelled, but all other squares remain. GM's adjudicate all unusual circumstances.
- Dispersing Spells include Dispersing (Aggressive Thundercloud (Druid Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Druid Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Air Step (Alchemist Extract), Air Step (Bard Spell), Air Step (Cleric Spell), Air Step (Druid Spell), Air Step (Paladin Spell), Air Step (Ranger Poultice), Air Step (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Calm Air (Druid Spell), Calm Air (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Cloak of Winds (Druid Spell), Cloak of Winds (Ranger Poultice), Cloak of Winds (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Freedom (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Gust of Wind (Druid Spell), Gust of Wind (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Hurricane Blast (Druid Spell), Hurricane Blast (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Pillar of Fire (Druid Spell), Pillar of Fire (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Resilient Sphere (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Scouring Winds (Druid Spell), Scouring Winds (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Telekinetic Sphere (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Wind Wall (Cleric Spell), Wind Wall (Druid Spell), Wind Wall (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell)), and any other effects the GM rules as dispersing gases, fogs, mists, etc.
- This spell lays a divine charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays a divine charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have a divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.
- The charge this spell lays affects the caster, not the creatures in the cloud.
Circle Damage for Spells
| Spell Circle
|| Burn Cost
|| Min Character Level (CL)
|| Base Dice
|| Max Dice