Plague Storm (Spell)
- Level: Cleric 6, Druid 6, Sorcerer/Wizard 7
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A vial of body fluid recovered from a decaying body, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), in a fog that spreads in 20-ft. radius, 20 feet high (a 9x9x4 square space).
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You create a hideous gray cloud, similar to Fog Cloud (Spell), that occasionally crackles with foul-smelling bolts of sickly green lightning. These vapors inflict (Circle 5 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 15d6+15 at character level 15) of necrotic (energy, uncommon) damage when the spell is cast. The cloud persists until the end of the encounter, or is dispersed, dispelled, or otherwise removed. Any creature which passes through a square or more of the cloud suffers the Singed condition, inflicting Necrotic damage. Any creature which ends its movement within the cloud gains the Burned condition, again inflicting Necrotic damage.
- A moderate wind (11+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 2 rounds; a strong wind (21+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 1 round. The spell effect cannot penetrate liquids, nor can it be cast underwater or in other fluids. Other Environmental Effects may disperse or enhance it at the GM's discretion.
- This spell is subject to dispersal by Dispersing spells. Dispersing spells contain vigorous winds, fresh air, air currents, or other effects. Squares of this spells effect which intersect with a Dispersing Spell's squares of effect are dispelled, but all other squares remain. GM's adjudicate all unusual circumstances.
- Dispersing Spells include Dispersing (Aggressive Thundercloud (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Spell), Air Step (Alchemist Extract), Air Step (Bard Spell), Air Step (Paladin Spell), Air Step (Ranger Poultice), Air Step (Spell), Calm Air (Spell), Cloak of Winds (Ranger Poultice), Cloak of Winds (Spell), Freedom (Spell), Gust of Wind (Spell), Hurricane Blast (Spell), Pillar of Fire (Spell), Resilient Sphere (Spell), Scouring Winds (Spell), Telekinetic Sphere (Spell), Wind Wall (Ranger Poultice), Wind Wall (Spell)), and any other effects the GM rules as dispersing gases, fogs, mists, etc.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.
- The charge this spell lays affects the caster, not the creatures in the cloud.