Plane Shift (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 7
- School: Conjuration (teleportation)
- Subdomain: freedom 5
- Bloodline: aberrant 7
- Casting Time: Ritual (typically 1 hour)
- Components: V, S, M (A forked metal rod created in the plane to which you are attempting to travel, worth at least 3,030 gp.)
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: two target creatures, plus one per 10 character levels (drop fractions; max 5 at level 30), plus caster, creatures you touch during the ritual.
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You move yourself and one or more other creatures to another plane of existence or alternate dimension. If several willing persons link hands in a circle, as many as you can affect according to your caster level (see above) are affected by the Plane Shift at the same time. Precise accuracy as to a particular arrival location on the intended plane is nigh impossible. From the Material Plane, you can reach any other plane, though you appear 5 to 500 miles (5d%) from your intended destination. Plane Shift transports creatures instantaneously and then ends. The creatures need to find other means if they are to travel back (including casting Plane Shift again).
- Plane shift requires that the material component be created in the plane to which you intend to travel, and your destination will always be related to the location where that item was created (often a smithy). Alternatively, the material component can be a remnant dropped by an extra-planar creature from the plane you wish to travel to (patterns applied to a creature may cause their dropped remnants (if any) to be extra-planar in origin). Once the ritual is complete, the item is consumed.