- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 8
- School: Conjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A set of manacles, fashioned of lead, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 20 character levels (drop fractions; max 2 at level 20), creature you choose within range, who must be within 30 feet of each other.
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: No
- You hold a set of prisoner manacles in your hands, made of soft lead, useless for any real purpose, but fraught with the potential of confinement. You snap out crisp phrases, orders and commands to your targets to cease and desist, and at the culmination of your casting, you snap the useless lead manacles closed in your grip. They vanish, consumed, and your targets are gripped by conjured leaden bands.
- Choose targets to which you have line of sight and line of effect, within range as defined above. Heavy lead bonds manifest around them, regardless if they are substantial, insubstantial, solid, liquid or gas. The magic is the concept of confinement, rather than any specific object or force, and as such, affects any and all targets without fail, ignoring spell resistance, as long as they are on the same Plane as you. Note that this effect does not cross dimensional boundaries, and as such, does not affect astral or ethereal creatures, assuming you could somehow target them across the veil between realities.
- Targets are allowed a saving throw as defined above. If they fail their save, they are Entrapped by the horrid leaden bonds. If they make the save, the condition is lessened to merely Hindered, but they are still subject to the terrible Synergy effects.
- Synergy: This spell lays a charge upon its targets, regardless of save, unless and until the status condition inflicted by this spell is removed or expires. If they creatures struggling in their leaden prisons are affected by any other charge or condition, Plumbumgaol dissipates, but the dire magic tears its way free in a gory fashion, inflicting (Circle 7 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 20d6+40 at character level 20) of ripping (physical, uncommon) damage. There is no save allowed against this effect.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.