Power Word Kill (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Enchantment
- Domain: war 9
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, as ray attack, does not require line of sight
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- When inscribed in a spellbook, how does this spell require more than a single line of text? It is only a single word.
- In fact, this spell is a single word in OM, the Language of Power. The page upon which it is written must be protected from destruction by pages of protective glyphs and strengthening sigils, and there are several more pages of careful pronunciation guides and dire warnings to use the proper posture and full voice support techniques. A Power Word in OM must be treated with respect.
- When you speak the Word, your voice is never remembered by anyone who hears it, for to remember this word is to die.
- Upon uttering the Power Word, you create an eldritch ray attack that seeks out foes based on sound alone. Choose one target creature as above, and make a ranged touch attack against them. You must have line of effect, but not line of sight. As long as they can hear the Word, it is effective. There is no saving throw, although magical silence or being blind to sound provides perfect protection.
- If struck, the target of Power Word: Kill immediately takes (Circle 10 damage): 1d6+4 points of damage per character level (max 25d6+100 at character level 25) points of eldritch (energy, rare) damage.