Prayer (Cleric Spell)
- Level: Cleric 3
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, DF
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: two target creatures, plus one per 10 character levels (drop fractions; max 5 at level 30), allies you choose within range, plus the caster.
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You pronounce the beneficence of your Deity, granting Divine Assistance to yourself and a number of allies you choose as noted above. Prayer can affect allies within close range of your space.
- Prayer fills your allies with courage, and divine power. Each ally gains a +1 Divine Bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against all effects. Both of these benefits increase to +2 at 20th character level. In addition, each affected ally may choose to change the damage type of one attack they make per round while under the effects of this spell to Holy (energy, rare) damage. This change to damage type may be declared after the attack is rolled, but before damage is applied.
- This spell lays a divine charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays a divine charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have a divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.