Prismatic Wall (Spell)
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (An insect's iridescent wing, worth 1gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: One wall segment five feet wide and ten feet tall per ten caster levels, 2 at 11th, 3 at 21st, and 4 at 31st.
- Duration: Until the end of your next full night's rest
- Saving Throw: see text
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Prismatic Wall creates a vertical, opaque wall—a shimmering, multicolored plane of light that protects from all forms of attack by blocking line of sight through it in both directions. The wall flashes with seven colors, each of which has a distinct power and purpose. The wall is immobile, and cannot be moved once created by any force less than destroying it. Any creature with less than 8 HD that is within 20 feet of the wall is blinded by the colors until their next full rest if it looks at the wall.
- The wall's maximum proportions are 5 feet wide per 10 caster levels and 10 feet high. These vertical rectangles of wall may be arranged in any shape the caster desires, including stacking one atop another, and multiple castings placed adjacent merge seamlessly. All portions of the Wall are strictly vertical: You cannot 'close over' the top of a square. Some movement types (Burrow, Teleport, or Vaulting, for example) may be able to bypass the walls effects, depending upon circumstances. All the walls in multiple castings expire when the day ends. A Prismatic Wall spell cast to materialize in a space occupied by a creature is disrupted, and the spell is wasted.
- Each color in the wall has a special effect. The accompanying table shows the seven colors of the wall, the order in which they appear (no matter which side of the Wall you are standing), their effects on creatures trying to pass through the wall, and the effect needed to negate each color. Creatures may not see through the wall with any sense, losing Line of Sight with all senses, but they may pass through the wall at any time, with the major downside that they are then affected by up to seven of the Wall's effects, one for each remaining color. In cases of a Mana Burnt or high Save DC wall, this can be quite fatal.
- Passing through the Wall from either direction always starts at effect 1 in the table below, and destroying the Wall always starts at effect 1. Destroying any portion of a wall destroys that color of the Wall in the entire wall, even if it was built up of multiple castings. Colors may be restored to a Wall in reverse order as long as the 7th effect or lower remains. Casting the spell again restores one color to the entire Wall, no matter how many spells were cast to build the Wall.
- The wall can be destroyed, color by color, in consecutive order, by performing the specified actions on the wall; however, the first color must be brought down before the second can be affected, and so on. Using an attack or an ability on the Wall does not cause the attacker harm. A Rod of Cancellation (Magic Item) or a Mage's Disjunction (Spell) destroys a Prismatic Wall instantly in its entirety, but an Antimagic Field (Spell) fails to penetrate it. Dispel Magic (Spell) and Dispel Magic, Greater (Spell) can only be used on the wall one color at a time, and one casting can destroy only each color once all the other colors 'in front' have been destroyed.
- Spell Resistance is effective against a Prismatic Wall, but the Caster Check must be repeated for each color present. IE, up to seven Spell Resistance checks must be made to pass through an intact Wall.
- Attacks through a Wall proceed normally, but all creatures on both sides have Total Cover.
Order Color Effect of Color Negated by 1st Red (Circle 6 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 16d6+32 at character level 16) of fire (energy, common) damage, reflex save against DC above for half Monster weapon attacks or player piercing weapons 2nd Orange (Circle 6 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 16d6+32 at character level 16) of acid (energy, common) damage, fortitude save against DC above for half Monster 'claw' (secondary) attacks or player slashing weapons 3rd Yellow (Circle 6 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 16d6+32 at character level 16) of psychic (energy, uncommon) damage, will save against DC above for half Monster 'bite' (primary) attacks or player bludgeoning weapons 4th Green (Circle 6 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 16d6+32 at character level 16) of freezacid (energy, rare) damage, reflex save against DC above for half Extraordinary damage from monster or player 5th Blue Petrified, fortitude save against DC above negates the effect Supernatural damage from monster or player 6th Indigo Confused, willpower save against DC above negates the effect Spell-like damage from monster or player 7th Violet Exiled, reflex save against DC above negates the effect AOE attack damage from monster or player