Programmed Image (Spell)
- Level: Bard 6, Sorcerer/Wizard 6
- School: Illusion (figment)
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A bit of fleece dusted with jade dust, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Long (200 ft. + 20 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: One 10 foot cube (a 2x2 square area) per three caster levels
- Duration: Until the end of your next full night's rest
- Saving Throw: Will negates
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 caster level
- Spell Resistance: No
- This spell functions like Minor Image (Spell), except that this spell's illusion activates when a specific condition occurs. The illusion includes visual, auditory, olfactory, and thermal elements, including intelligible speech.
- You set the triggering condition (which may be a special word) when casting the spell. The event that triggers the Illusion can be as general or as specific and detailed as desired but must be based on an audible, tactile, olfactory, or visual trigger. The trigger cannot be based on some quality not normally obvious to the senses, such as alignment. See Magic Mouth (Spell) for more details about such triggers.
- Until the illusion is triggered, it cannot inflict damage. Once it is triggered, however, it may contain a secondary trigger to collapse the Illusion and inflict (Circle 6 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 16d6+32 at character level 16) of fictive (energy, uncommon) damage to those unfortunates caught in the area.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.