Protection from Energy, Communal (Spell)
- Level: Cleric 4, Druid 4, Ranger 3, Sorcerer/Wizard 4
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, DF
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: creatures touched
- Duration: 10 min/lvl or until discharged, , divided in 10-minute intervals among the creatures touched.
- Saving Throw: FORT negates (harmless)
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Protection from Energy, Communal grants temporary immunity to the type of energy you specify when you cast it (acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic) upon the creatures touched, dividing the duration in 10-minute increments among them. Only one energy type may be selected per casting of the spell, regardless of the number of creatures you wish to affect with the spell. When the spell absorbs 6 points per caster level of energy damage (to a maximum of 120 points at 20th level) for a subject, the spell's effects end for that subject.
- Protection from Energy, Communal overlaps (and does not stack with) Resist Energy (Spell), and other forms of Energy Resistance (ER). If a character is warded by both Protection from Energy (Spell) and another source of ER, the protection spell absorbs damage until its power is exhausted.