Protection from Energy (Cleric Spell)
- Level: Cleric 3
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: creature touched
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Protection from Energy grants temporary hit points that only effect damage of one specific Energy Type you specify when you cast it. This can be any energy type you wish, Common, Uncommon, or Rare. Each casting of this spell only protects against the exact sort of energy specified. Protection against Darkfire, for example, gives no protection against plain old Fire damage.
- This spell grants 3 temporary hitpoints per caster level (to a maximum of 105 points at 35th level). These may be removed by the exact kind of energy damage only, or they disappear at the end of combat, like all temporary hit points. NOTE: These temp hit points will not stack with any other source of temporary hit points: In all cases, you must choose the source of temp hitpoints you wish to use.
- Protection from Energy lays a charge on recipients, but that charge specifically overlaps (and stacks with) any level of Resist Energy (Cleric Spell), as well as the communal versions of those spells. If a character is warded by Protection from Energy and any version of Resist Energy, both spells share the same charge and the Protection from Energy spell absorbs damage before Resist Energy is even affected, until the power of Protection from Energy is exhausted.
- This spell lays a divine charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays a divine charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have a divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.