Protection from Energy (Spell)
- Level: Cleric 3, Druid 3, Ranger 2, Sorcerer/Wizard 3
- School: Enchantment
- Domain: luck 3, protection 3
- Elemental School: air 3, earth 3, fire 3, water 3
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: creature touched
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Protection from Energy grants temporary hit points that only effect damage of one specific kind of Common Energy Type you specify when you cast it.
- This spell grants 4 temporary hitpoints per caster level (to a maximum of 140 points at 35th level). These may be removed by the exact kind of energy damage only, or they disappear at the end of combat, like all temporary hit points. NOTE: These temp hit points will not stack with any other source of temporary hit points: In all cases, you must choose the source of temp hitpoints you wish to use.
- Protection from Energy lays a charge on recipients, but that charge specifically overlaps (and stacks with) Resist Energy (Spell). If a character is warded by Protection from Energy and Resist Energy, both spells share the same charge and the Protection from Energy spell absorbs damage before Resist Energy is even affected, until the power of Protection from Energy is exhausted.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.